Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beach run in September







Woke up this morning to another Perfect day. Sun was shinning, Birds singing and Wind blowing. I love my life. Its been especially Rosy since my beautiful fiance and I found out we are expecting a new edition to the clan. 3 1/2 months pregnant and I'm feeling chirpy again....... thank god. My first thoughts when I found out were of my Surfing and Kitesurfing addiction. "OH NO, how will I get through this." Thankfully as long as I take it easy its perfectly fine to do both as long as I'm comfortable. PHEW! So I figure I've got to cram as much of time in the water in as I can.
Martin and I were instructing yesterday for the Australian Kitesurfing Acaddamy and it been a busy few weeks so this morning was our time to shine. Martin, mah and myself hit the open beaches for a few 'very' small waves with just enough wind.

We started at Stumers creek with 11-15knts ESE and 0.5ft swell. My 10m Ozone Catalyst with 25m lines was just perfect. The water was crystal clear with loads of Rays and fish and kids about. You can really tell its school holiday as the dog beach was full and one poor lil' pooch had never seen a kite in the sky before. He was very unimpressed.

There weren't too many waves to choose from out there but we did come across a couple of fun banks and discovered, thanks to the clear water, that the bank outside my house was actually rock bottom and not sand. Info stored for later surf safety. Cruising into Castaways we packed up and headed for lunch at the German Bakery in Perigian, amazing food.

Thanks for another amazing day World!

No comments:

Post a Comment